We would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time and effort to review our enrollment process. The following are offered so that you and your child can experience Glen Park Montessori first hand.
1. Attend an Information Night.
These evenings are intended to introduce families to our school and the Montessori philosophy. Rosemary Rae, Head of School, will give a presentation and answer questions. Currently enrolled parents in our school will also be in attendance to answer questions as needed from a parent’s perspective. We begin promptly at 6:30 pm. and are generally finished by 7:30. The tour includes a look at both floors (classrooms) and our lovely outside play area. These evenings are for adults only.
- Click on a date and register for the evening you wish to attend below:
The Fall 2019 Information Night dates are October 8 (FULL) or November 5.
2020 Information Night dates are January 14, February 4, March 3, April 7.
- Shannon Rice, the Communications Director, will email you a few weeks before the event as a reminder, along with some informative school documents. We look forward to seeing you then!
2. Schedule a 30-minute Parent Visit. The application is due at this appointment.
Parent Visits may take place generally during our enrollment period (November through April) on Tuesday and Thursday mornings for 30-minute increments. To schedule:
- Please only email for a Parent Visit after you have attended an Information Night.
- Next,complete our questionnaire so we can get to know a little more about your family.
- Email Communications Director, Shannon Rice here to schedule your visit.
- Download our application and bring the completed application to your visit.
3. Schedule a 30-minute Child Visit. The application fee ($45) is due at this appointment.
Child Visits take place during our enrollment period: November through April. A lead teacher will work directly with your child to observe how independent your child is, how he or she responds to the Montessori environment, if they can be engaged with and enjoy some of the classroom materials. A certain amount of maturity is needed to participate in the classroom in this way, therefore, we ask that you bring your child at the age of 2.7 or older. We anticipate that we will be able to work with your child without you present but if needed you may quietly observe in the classroom.
Please note: Children must be fully “potty trained” before starting school. This included dressing, undressing, cleaning, and hand washing. Although infrequent accidents may happen, we cannot enroll your child until he or she is competent in these areas. Thank you!!
If the school and your child are a good fit (this is a decision made by you, your child, the teachers, and the Head of School) and space is available for the upcoming school year, you will be sent a formal invitation to join our school family. You will have 5 days to respond at which point we will provide you with the enrollment forms online. The enrollment fee of $350 and the entirety of the first month’s tuition are required to reserve your child’s space. These fees are non-refundable.
Please note that there are no part-time tuition costs and there is an additional lunch fee. An appointment must be scheduled to meet with our Director, Ana Padilla, to finalize all forms and fees.
*Please note that we do not prorate tuition. Our tuition is an annual fee that we divide into twelve monthly installments.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept most of our potential candidates. If we cannot accommodate you for the school year to which you have applied, we will be happy to keep you on a waitlist should a space become available.
We thank you again for your interest and the time you have taken to consider Glen Park Montessori for your child and family.