We understand that parents want to be involved in their child’s school, and we welcome contributions having to do with time and or financial support for ongoing enhancement projects. We welcome any offer of talent, expertise or passion that you would enjoy sharing with us. Please see the following for a list of opportunities always available.
Parent Contribution Opportunities
Families are asked to contribute volunteer work hours to enrich the experience of the school’s community: children, teachers, and other families. An alternative contribution may be in the form of funds to purchase educational materials or to help with much needed projects. Please be creative — if you have other ideas on how you can help, don’t hesitate to ask!
- Coordinate annual events such as (2-10 hours): Parent Meet and Greet Potluck, Parent Work Day, Winter Solstice Tea Party, Valentine’s Day, Boat Float Day, Graduation Day Ceremony, Halloween Parade, Teacher Appreciation Day, and more. Please ask us how you may help with one of these events.
- Cultural Celebration Days (1-3 hours): gather materials, information, food, music, and/or books for something the school has planned or if there is something else you would like to bring to the table! A most meaningful contribution!
- Make lunch for Teacher Work Day (3 hours): plan and prepare a healthy lunch for teachers on Teacher Work Day. Funds will be reimbursed—your efforts are appreciated!
- Information Night Assistant (2 hours): be a parent representative at one of our Information Nights from 6:15 pm to 7:30 pm. This job gives potential families the opportunity to get answers to questions from a parent’s perspective.
- Provide treats or refreshments at Information Nights or other school events (2 hours)
- Share your job, skills, or cultural experiences/celebrations with both classrooms (2-5 hours): if you play an instrument and want to hold a mini concert, have an interesting line of job that you can “show and tell” during circle time, or if you have a special cultural tradition you are able to share, we would love to have you!
- Welcome new families to our school (2 hours): welcome an incoming family. Ask if they have questions or would appreciate a mini tour on their child’s first day. Let them know should questions arise, they can count on you
- Repair and maintenance (1-10 hours): handy work is always needed and appreciated! Jobs such as changing light bulbs, fixing things around the school, installation, painting, and so forth are always appreciated.
- Gardening (2-5 hours): our garden is always appreciative of extra care! Let us know if you have anything to offer.
- Plant and animal care during school breaks (2-5 hours): when school is closed, we still need our class plants and animals to be taken care of! If you live close to school, please consider helping with these important tasks, either partially through the breaks, or throughout the school year.
- Fundraising: if you have experience fundraising, please let us know how you can help.
- Website: if you have any background in WordPress, your help would be much appreciated!
- Director of Parent Volunteer Opportunities (10 hours): oversee parent volunteer lists and collecting volunteer hours each semester.
There are NO parent hours for these offerings:
- Making cookies for your child’s birthday.
- Attending Family Meet-up Days.
- Guest appearance in your child’s classroom.
- Attending a Celebration Day such as Valentine’s Day, Boat Float Day, or Winter Solstice Tea Party.